Thursday, February 23, 2012

Visual Studio 11, .NET 4.5 and MVC 4

I've been wanting to try out the Developer preview of Visual Studio 11 and .NET 4.5 for some time. The problem is that new technologies and products have appeared/evolved at an incredible pace and it's difficult to keep oneself on track with all the novelties, specially when time has become such a limited asset.

Anyway, today is the day. It's .NET day! I've already installed:

  • Visual Studio 11
  • .NET 4.5 (C# 5.0)
  • MVC 4.0
  • SQL Server 2012
There are so many new things to try out, but I'm particularly interested in :

  • the new C# 5.0 features, like the "async" and "await" keywords
  • native WebSockets in .NET
  • The WebAPI in MVC 4.0
  • The new Mobile stuff of MVC 4.0
  • Asynchronous controllers with Tasks and the async keyword (hell yeah)
  • The new spatial features of SQL Server 2012
  • The new distribution features, like packaging javascript files, minification(?), MSBuild 4.5 features
  • etc, etc, etc
I'm not sure where to start, but I would like to do something that I haven't done before: besides doing regular tutorial posts I would like to accompany them with video-tutorials. Not exactly sure what will come out of this but, in the worst case scenario, should be a fun experiment :)

Anyway, gotta hurry, Visual Studio 11 expires in 127 days :P


No comments:

Post a Comment